Seit 1673

First mentioned in 1130 AD

The land and surrounds of the weingut were bequeathed to a benedictine order of monks by a knight named Ebernach who had no son to continue his name, wine from the area was first mentioned in Papal documents in 1130 describing the wine as "particularly palatable". 

The Franciscan order finally restored the monastery in 1930 only to have the residence re-occupied as a military hospital in 1939.